Thursday, August 10, 2017

Stitching fun with Monique!

Hello My Creative Scrapbook friends! It's Monique here today sharing a fun stitching tutorial with you. I've created this layout using the MCS August Main Kit and one of the MCS August cut files and my Cameo. I thought that for my blog post today I would show you how I did this.

This is the page I created:


And here's how I did this:

I started by opening the MCS August digital cut files:


Next I selected the "Love This Place" cut file and resized it:


I selected the shape and in the cut settings on the right hand side I clicked on "perforate" (see photo below) and sent it to my Silhouette.



Instead of cutting the shape the Silhouette made tiny cuts:


I had this photo of my boys printed and selected a few papers from the kit and found some matching embroidery threads in stash that I wanted to use:


Stitching always takes longer than anticipated, but because I skipped lots of holes it went very quickly nonetheless:


I decided to use four colors of blue thread and used three of them I used at random, but the heart got it's own blue color:


As I don't like too much of white space I decided to pull out my watercolor paints again and colored the inside of the letters and heart in a light blue:


Now I got to the actual "scrapping" part. I matted the photo and added a little border and got started: the photo went on the left side of my page and two banners were adhered at the top and bottom of my page:


Stickers and chipboard were added:


A flair button and a chipboard piece were adhered in the heart:


Last but not least came the handwritten journaling, the date stamp and the paint splatter:


With the addition of a few star stickers my page was done!


Hope you like it!!


Here's a close-up of the heart with the fun flair button (I'm a huge fan of flair buttons and was so happy they were included in the kit!):


A close-up of the stitched shape. If you look closely you'll see where I skipped some of the pré punched holes.


And a final close-up of the photo with the cluster of embellishments around it:


For more August Main Kit inspiration hop over to the MCS Design Team gallery and if you're interested in information about the kit club then you can find the details HERE.

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to take a peek at my project!
xoxo
Monique

No comments: