Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Summer Days with Laura!

Hello! I am back sharing another layout and process video for My Creative Scrapbook, this was actually the first layout that I created with the kit! I love this picture of my friend's little one, I recently created her first birthday invitations with this photo and requested the right to use it as my "fee"!


I must have been tired when I started this layout, as I created several strawberry themed cut files for this page - and then just before cutting them out I remember the photo featured this little one with watermelons not strawberries! ha!


So I opted for a large die cut heart instead, which was fine since I really wanted to feature this gingham paper on my layout! After adhering the heart to my page, I added some machine stitching for texture.

I layered a fussy cut label to 'house' my title and a main cluster of embellishments.  


A second and mid sized cluster rests above my photo.


And the last and smallest cluster sits to the left of my page, and the heart.

You can watch my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here.


Supply List: (From the Kit) Simple Stories "Summer Days" patterned paper (lazy days, soak up the sun, 4 x 6 vertical elements, 4 x 6 horizontal elements), cardstock stickers, 4 x 6 stickers, bits and pieces.  (From my stash) Other Staedtler pen and miscellaneous thread.

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

No comments: